Aidan Pert, 12, is one of just four people in the UK with prune belly syndrome, named after sufferers' wrinkled abdomens.
What does PBS stand for?
PBS stands for Prune Belly Syndrome
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PBS
We have 394 other meanings of PBS in our Acronym Attic
- Program Baseline Summary
- Program Budget Submission
- Program Budget System
- Programmable Bit Sequence
- Progressive Business Solutions (various companies)
- Project Baseline Summary
- Project Breakdown Structure
- Project-Based Solution (software)
- Prosodic Boundary Strength (speech processing, perceptual boundary between two words)
- Provisioned Bandwidth Service (network management)
- Pseudo-Boolean Solver
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Public Bike System (various locations)
- Public Broadcasting Service
- Public Broadcasting System (common, but incorrect)
- Public Buildings Service
- Publishing Business Systems
- Purpose Built Software (Australia)
- Post, Buckley, Schuh & Jernigan, Inc. (also a stock symbol)
- Particle Beam Systems & Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
Theo had an obstructed bladder and was also diagnosed with the rare prune belly syndrome, which means that his abdominal muscles were not properly formed.
At 32 weeks, Connor was diagnosed with Prune Belly Syndrome - a rare condition which attacks the urinary tract, kidneys and bladder.
Jack was born with prune belly syndrome, which affects the urinary tract, and needed regular dialysis sessions.