Cadaveric sections have shown that there is a 50% reduction in the proximal radioulnar joint space when moving from full supination to full pronation.
What does PRUJ stand for?
PRUJ stands for Proximal Radioulnar Joint
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Pupil Referral Unit
- Pine Rivers Uniting Church (Australia)
- Property Record Unit Catalog
- Permanently Residing in the US Under Color of Law
- Planned Residential Unit Development
- Population, Rural and Urban Development Division (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific)
- Prediction of Regional Scenarios and Uncertainties for Defining European Climate Change Risks and Effects (Scientific Project of the European Union)
- Packet Radio Users Group (Japan)
- Philippine Ruby Users Group
- Princess Royal University Hospital (UK)
- Programme for Rational use of Medicines
- Peachtree Road United Methodist Church (Atlanta, GA)
- Première Radio Universitaire de Nantes
- Primary site Unknown
- Prison Reform Unity Project
- Puerto Rican Unity for Progress (New Jersey)
- Perception of Restraints Use Questionnaire
- Perfect Root-of-Unity Sequence
- Poverty Research Unit at Sussex (UK)
- Puerto Rico Universal Service Fund (Puerto Rico Telecommunications Regulatory Board)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is fluid surrounding the radial head just distal to the proximal radioulnar joint.
New implant sizes add to one of the industry's most comprehensive size ranges, and enable the surgeon to address both the radiocapitellar joint (RCJ) and the proximal radioulnar joint (PRUJ) independently -- an industry first.
Elbow stiffness often involves disruption of either the ulnohumeral joint (with resultant loss of flexion and extension) or the proximal radioulnar joint (with resultant loss of pronation and supination).