At Notre Dame, researchers are using proton-induced x-ray emission (PIXE) and Accelerator Mass Spectroscopy (AMS) to study artifacts brought by local archeologists, Native American cultures in the American Southwest and the Snite Museum of Art extensive collection of Mezzo-American figurines.
What does PIXE stand for?
PIXE stands for Proton-Induced X-Ray Emission (aka Particle-Induced X-Ray Emission)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of PIXE in our Acronym Attic
- Pico, Azores, Portugal (airport code)
- Picture Exchange Format
- Private Internet Exchange (Cisco)
- Product Information Exchange (online system)
- Proprietary Identifier eXtension (ISO 7816)
- Proprietary Information Exchange Agreement
- Pacific Internet Exchange Corp. (Hawaii)
- Passengers in Excess of Capacity (UK)
- Picture Element
- Particle Induced X-ray Emission Spectroscopy
- Proton Induced X-Ray Emission Tomography
- Pacific Information Exchange, Inc. (Hawaii)
- Peripheral Instantaneous X-Ray Imaging (reproductive medicine)
- Printing Innovation with Xerox Imaging (industry awards)
- Polar Ionosphere X-Ray Imaging Experiment
- PEO (Program Executive Office) Interchange XML (Extensible Markup Language) Initiative (US DoD)
- Profile Initialization for Test Cases