Proton beam therapy is a type of radiation that can treat a range of cancers, from the head and neck to the breast to the prostate.
What does PBT stand for?
PBT stands for Proton Beam Therapy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PBT
We have 154 other meanings of PBT in our Acronym Attic
- Polybutylene Terephthalate
- Polyclinique Bordeaux Tondu (French private clinic; est. 1914; Bordeaux, France)
- Portable Breath Tester
- Powder Blue Tang (fish)
- Preliminary Breath Test(ing)
- Presaturation Bolus Tracking
- Pro Basketball Talk (National Broadcasting Company)
- Problem Behavior Theory (psychology)
- Profit Before Tax
- prostate brachytherapy
- Provider Backbone Transport (networking technology adding determinism to ethernet)
- Pulsing Bladeturn (gaming)
- Push Button Telephone
- Philadelphia Behavior Therapy Association (Philadelphia, PA)
- Pittsburgh Business Travel Association (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Planar Bow-Tie Antenna
- Powered by the Apocalypse (gaming)
- Praise Be to Allah
- Profit Before Taxation and Amortisation (finance)
- Protein-Binding Transcriptional Activator
Samples in periodicals archive:
Having a state-of-the-art proton center on our campus allows us to not only provide the most advanced treatment for childhood brain tumors and other cancers, but also conduct research to determine the optimal way to give proton beam therapy to children," said Dr.
QUETTA -- An expensive prostate cancer radiation treatment known as proton beam therapy has just as many side effects as a more common and cheaper radiation method, according to a new study.
He says: "We strongly welcome the commitment to invest in proton beam therapy facilities in England.
Niamh Yates, 12, will receive Proton Beam Therapy (PBT) at a hospital in Florida after the NHS agreed to meet the pounds 120,000 bill.
High-energy proton therapy Proton beam therapy is a different type of radiotherapy.
Jude Children's Research Hospital to provide its proton beam therapy (PBT) system.
Proton beam therapy center moving to Jersey City after being rejected in Queens[Crain's]