Abstract: Serum protein electrophoresis has gained importance in avian medicine during the past decade.
What does PEP stand for?
PEP stands for Protein Electrophoresis (laboratory test)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PEP
We have 816 other meanings of PEP in our Acronym Attic
- Programmable Electronics Performance
- Programmable Entry Panel
- Progressive Episcopalians of Pittsburgh
- Progressive Evaluation Process (Washington State DSHS term having to do with incapacity determinations)
- Project Execution Plan
- Promotion Evaluation Pattern
- Propellants, Explosives, and/or Pyrotechnics
- Proposal Entry Processor
- Proposal Evaluation Plan
- Protected Equity Participation
- Protocol Extension Protocol
- Provincial Emergency Program (British Columbia)
- Psychoanalytic Electronic Publishing
- Psychoeducational Process
- Psychoeducational Profile
- Public Employment Program
- Public Engagement Programme (various locations)
- Public Enquiry Point
- Pulsed Energy Projectile
- Python Enhancement Proposal
Samples in periodicals archive:
of Florida-Gainesville) present an aid to the clinical diagnosis of the disorders for clinical pathologists and clinical chemists who are involved in interpreting serum and urine protein electrophoresis and related technologies.
52 mmol/L)], and a 4800-mg/dL (48-g/L) monoclonal protein band (M-spike) after serum protein electrophoresis (SPEP).
Serum protein electrophoresis showed four clonal bands on the gamma region.
High-resolution, 2-D protein electrophoresis using nondedicated equipment.
Additional laboratory testing, including serum and urine protein electrophoresis, ANA, ANCA, rheumatoid factor, serum complements, hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV screen, were all normal.
Since laryngeal amyloidosis may be associated with multifocal or systemic disease, appropriate clinical, radiographic, and laboratory investigation--including serum and protein electrophoresis, chest radiographs, and possibly gastrointestinal biopsy--is recommended to exclude systemic disease.
Humoral immunosuppressant activity of aflatoxin ingestion in rabbits measured by response to Mycobacterium bovis antigens using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and serum protein electrophoresis.