In addition, the C-reactive protein (CRP) and urea were elevated with a raised urine protein/creatinine ratio suggestive of nephritis.
What does PCR stand for?
PCR stands for Protein/Creatinine Ratio
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCR
We have 551 other meanings of PCR in our Acronym Attic
- Program Change Report
- Program Change Request
- Program Clock Reference (DVB)
- Program Control Review
- Program for Clubhouse Research
- Project Change Request
- Property Condition Report
- Protection of Civil Rights Act (India)
- Protection of Consumers' Rights (various locations)
- Protein Coupled Receptor
- Proteina C Reactiva (Spanish: C-Reactive Protein)
- Public Consultation Report (Australia)
- Publication Change Request
- Pulse Compression Radar
- Pump, Circulating
- Pumped Condensate Return
- Put/Call Ratio (investing)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction and Single Stranded Conformation Polymorphism
- Polymerase Chain Reaction Using an Amplification Refractory Mutation System
- Polymerase Chain Reaction and Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a new secondary analysis of a major randomized clinical trial, urinary protein/creatinine ratio and levels of C-reactive protein, troponin T, and N-terminal prohormone brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) each provided additional prognostic information and independently predicted cardiovascular outcome in this population of patients, Dr.
Urinary protein/creatinine ratio in hypertensioe pregnant women.
The strips also measure the level of creatinine, making them the only dipstick test that estimates the protein/creatinine ratio.
Patients with persistently abnormal urinalysis or creatinine should have a urine protein/creatinine ratio or 24-hour proteinuria [test], urine microscopy, renal ultrasound, and be considered for biopsy referral," Dr.
2 by the reporting of protein/creatinine ratios as multiples of the corresponding upper reference values obtained from healthy individuals.
Ramos JG, Martins-Costa SH, Mathias MM, Guerin YL, Barros EG: Urinary protein/creatinine ratio in hypertensive pregnant women.
Use of the protein/creatinine ratio of a single voided urine specimen in the evaluation of suspected pregnancy-induced hypertension.