The proposal alters the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules by setting new limits on the use of disclosure of protected health information for marketing and fundraising and by requiring business associates of HIPAA-covered entities to follow most of the same rules that covered entities follow.
What does PHI stand for?
PHI stands for Protected Health Information (HIPAA Administrative Simplification Provision)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHI
We have 137 other meanings of PHI in our Acronym Attic
- Platform High
- Population Health Impact
- Porter Hetu International
- Post-Polio Health International
- pre-harvest inspection (timber harvesting)
- Pre-Harvest Interval (pesticide use)
- Precision Hardware, Inc. (manufacturers of exit hardware)
- Private Health Insurance
- Process Hat Industries, PLLC (consulting engineers)
- Programa Hidrológico Internacional (Spanish: International Hydrological Program)
- Provincial Homelessness Initiative (British Columbia, Canada)
- Public Health Informatics
- Public Health Inspector (Canada)
- Public Health Institute
- Public Health Intelligence
- Public Health Investigation (various locations)
- Public Humanities Initiative (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Paranormal Haunting Investigation Association
- Passive Hemagglutination Inhibition Assay
- Pasteurella Haemolytica by Indirect Agglutination (pathology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the Privacy Rule covered all protected health information (PHI), paper or electronic, the Security Rule applies only to electronically stored or transmitted PHI.
Under the HIPAA privacy rule, adolescents who legally are adults (aged 18 or older) and emancipated minors can exercise the rights of individuals; specific provisions address the protected health information of adolescents who are younger than 18 and not emancipated.
Among them are mandates to: limit access to health information, devise appropriate health identifiers that do not reveal the file subject's name, and develop procedures for handling requests for protected health information.
The complaints alleged that UCLAHS employees repeatedly and without permissible reason looked at the electronic protected health information of these patients.
Since these types of applications don't typically use protected health information (PHI; i.
It requires health plans to provide individuals with written notice informing them of how protected information will be used and disclosed, as well as with a right of access to inspect, copy and amend protected health information maintained in designated record sets.
ZixCorp enforces corporate email security policies to ensure secure handling of confidential information, including a pre-configured lexicon that automatically detects and encrypts protected health information.