The Purdue team say that the molecule they have created attaches to prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA), a protein that is found on the membrane of more than 90 percent of all prostate cancers.
What does PSMA stand for?
PSMA stands for Prostate-Specific Membrane Antigen
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSMA
We have 35 other meanings of PSMA in our Acronym Attic
- Port State Measures Agreement (US FAO)
- Portion-Size Measurement Aid (nutrition education)
- Power Sources Manufacturers Association
- Power Supply Manufacturer's Association
- Pre-Scripted Mission Assignment (USACE)
- Product Support Mission Area
- Professional Services Management Association (Alexandria, VA)
- Professional Show Managers Association
- progressive spinal muscular atrophy
- Prolate-Spheroidal Monopole Antenna
- Public Sector Managers Association (New Jersey)
- Public Sector Mapping Agencies (Australia)
- Public Space Management Administration
- Purchasing and Supply Management Association
- Public Sector Management Adjustment Credit
- Penn State Martial Arts Group
- Philippine Sugar Millers Association, Inc. (Philippines)
- Please See Me As Soon As Possible
- Paroisse Sainte-Marguerite-Bourgeoys (French: Parish of Sainte-Marguerite-Bourgeoys; Canada)
- Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (Malaysia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
May 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Cytogen Corporation today announced the presentation of data demonstrating the expression of prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) in cancer of the kidney.
Several reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) protocols are able to amplify the mRNAs encoding prostate-specific antigen (PSA) or prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) in blood , lymph nodes , or bone marrow .
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared an Investigational New Drug (IND) application for CYT-500, the company's lead therapeutic candidate targeting prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA).
Prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) is a transmembrane protein commonly found on the surface of late-stage and metastatic prostate cancer and a well-known imaging biomarker for staging and monitoring therapy.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for CYT-500, the company's lead therapeutic candidate targeting prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA).
PROSTASCINT Presentations Cytogen's PROSTASCINT molecular imaging agent is the first and only commercial product targeting prostate-specific membrane antigen or PSMA.
The NIH grants are in the form of two Phase II Small Business Innovation Research grants, and will be used to develop novel immunotherapies for prostate cancer based on prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA), a promising cancer target.