Cooperberg and his colleagues at UCSF will present the important results of this independent, prospectively-designed clinical validation study that evaluated the Oncotype DX test in prostate needle biopsy specimens.
What does PNB stand for?
PNB stands for Prostate Needle Biopsy (medical)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PNB
We have 86 other meanings of PNB in our Acronym Attic
- Post No Bills
- Potential New Boyfriend
- Pregnant N' Bleeding
- ProCurve Networking Business (Hewlett-Packard)
- Producto Nacional Bruto (Spanish: Gross National Product)
- Produit National Brut (French)
- Produit Net Bancaire (French)
- Produto Nacional Bruto (Portuguese: Gross National Product)
- Program Note Book
- Programa Nacional del Banano (Ecuador)
- Proud Nubian Brothers (fashion)
- Province of New Brunswick
- Pulseless Non Breather
- Punjab National Bank (India)
- Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (Eugene, OR)
- Poly N-Butyl Acrylate
- Professional Negligence Bar Association (London, England, UK)
- Program Nasional Bagi Anak Indonesia (Indonesian: National Program for Indonesian Children)
- Para Nitro Benzyl Bromide
- Pacific Northwest Boxer Club (Washington)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Saturation prostate needle biopsy and prostate cancer detection at initial and repeat evaluation.
Exercise and prostate canter risk in a cohort of veterans undergoing prostate needle biopsy [abstract].
Transrectal ultrasound (TRUS)-guided prostate needle biopsy is the standard method for diagnosis of prostate cancer.
The study, performed in collaboration with leading prostate cancer researchers at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), met its primary endpoint by demonstrating that the multi-gene Oncotype DX Genomic Prostate Score (GPS), assessed in prostate needle biopsy tumor tissue, has been prospectively validated as a predictor of adverse pathology for patients with early-stage prostate cancer.
3] A recent retrospective review of 1273 Veterans Affairs patients undergoing prostate needle biopsy after prophylactic antibiotic treatment with levofloxacin demonstrated infectious symptoms in 2.
Abstract Objective: We aimed to investigate the concordance among preoperative clinical parameters, tumor positiveness at the surgical borders and Gleason scores (GS) determined at diagnostic prostate needle biopsy (PNB) and radical retropubic prostatectomy (RRP) specimens in patients that had undergone RRP for clinically local stage prostat cancer, and to determine the value of GS in predicting the clinical course of PNB.
Antonelli and colleagues from Duke University Medical Center (North Carolina, USA) enrolled 190 men who underwent prostate needle biopsy and found that those who were moderately active (engaging in 9 or more hours of metabolically active exercise a week) were significantly less likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer.