Earlier this years, US-based dermatologists had announced they had found that an enzyme called prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) instructed follicles to stop producing hair.
What does PGD2 stand for?
PGD2 stands for Prostaglandin D2
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Polymer Gel Display
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Power, Generation, & Distribution (energy; various organizations)
- Preïmplantatie Genetische Diagnostiek (Dutch: Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis)
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- Pretty Good Die (integrated circuit production)
- Pridobitev Gradbenega Dovoljenja (Slovenian: Obtaining Building Permits)
- Product Group (US Marine Corps)
- Product Group Directorate (USMC)
- Pure Gonadal Dysgenesis
- 6-Phosphogluconate Dehydrogenase A (genetics)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accountancy (various universities)
- Power Generation and Distribution Assembly
- Professional Graphic Design Association (est. 2005)
- Program on the Global Demography of Aging
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing
- Postgraduate Diploma in Audio Programme Production
- Personal Geodatabase
- Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (Wellington, New Zealand)
- Prabal Gorkha Dakshin Bahu (award; Nepal)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Men with male pattern baldness have higher levels of a molecule called prostaglandin D2 in the bald parts of their scalps than in parts still covered in hair, a new study shows.
DP2, also known as chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed in Th2 lymphocytes (CRTH2), is a high affinity receptor for the prostaglandin D2 and is implicated in humans in Th2-dependent allergic inflammation.
Tokyo, Japan) has patented a method of identifying a substance which acts on a newly found second human prostaglandin D2 receptor subtype that differs from the DP receptor, and is useful for treating or preventing various diseases.
The substance, prostaglandin D2 (PGD2), set off asthma by transmitting signals to cells in the lungs and other airways in the body, the researchers said.
The key classes of mechanism of action include Beta-2 Adrenoceptor Agonist, Immunotherapy, Interleukin inhibitors, Phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) Inhibitors, CRTh2 antagonists, Peroxisome Proliferator Activator Receptor (PPAR) agonist, Glucocorticoid receptor agonist and Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) Receptor Antagonist.
Washington, Mar 22 ( ANI ): Researchers have discovered an abnormal amount of a protein called Prostaglandin D2 in the bald scalp of men with male pattern baldness.
DP2 is a high affinity receptor for the prostaglandin D2 and in humans is implicated in Th2-dependent allergic inflammation.