The proposed law includes both the individual candidates system and proportional representation party lists system which constitutes a serious threat for the democratic process as it opens the door for the influence of money, tribalism and the return of the remnants of the former regime to parliament, all of which were the reasons the revolution took place," said the statement.
What does PRP stand for?
PRP stands for Proportional Representation Party
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PRP
We have 329 other meanings of PRP in our Acronym Attic
- Program Review Panel
- Progressive Rework Plan
- Project Related Procurement
- Project Resource Planning
- Project Runway Philippines (TV show)
- Proline-Rich Polypeptide
- Prometheus Radio Project (Philadelphia, PA)
- Property Reallocation Plan
- Property Research Partners (UK)
- Property Rights Project (various locations)
- Proposed Regional Plan (New Zealand)
- Protease Resistant Protein
- Pseudo Random Permutation (computer science; cryptography)
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program
- Psychological Refractory Period
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program (various locations)
- Public Radio Partnership (Louisville, KY, public radio station)
- Public Relations & Promotion Group (Russian marketing communications agency)
- Public Relations Personnel (US Navy)
- Public Relations Practitioner
Samples in periodicals archive:
From that moment its fate was sealed and tourism, so vital to the Welsh economy, will soon be in the hands of politicians, some of whom were well and truly rejected by the electorate but nevertheless make up a third of the assembly as the 20 proportional representation party top-up nominees.
The election, which takes place in June on the same day as council elections, will be fought under a proportional representation party list system.