This recommendation is based mainly on adverse events which occurred during prolonged infusion causing propofol infusion syndrome.
What does PRIS stand for?
PRIS stands for Propofol Infusion Syndrome
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRIS
We have 15 other meanings of PRIS in our Acronym Attic
- Primitive Irish (linguistics)
- Passenger Rail Investment Reform Act (US Department of Transportation)
- Patients Right to Independent Review Act (Michigan)
- Primary Router
- Phoenix Resource Interface System
- Power Rangers in Space
- Power Rangers in Space (TV Show)
- Power Reactor Information System (IAEA)
- Project Records Information System
- Program Representing Immigrant Survivors of Abuse (Texas)
- Prudential Property Investment Separate Account
- Public Radio Internet Service Alliance
- Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa
- Private Schools Athletic Association (Philippines)
- Private Schools Association of Malawi
- Partnership for Renewal in Southern and Central Maryland
- Harvard College Program for Research in Science and Engineering (Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Page Reader Input System With Editing
- Parental Rights in Special Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
He said: "I accept the medical cause of death as severe head injuries and Propofol Infusion Syndrome.
Catherine suffered from this Propofol Infusion Syndrome and clearly that was a factor in her death.
There have been several reports describing the propofol infusion syndrome (PRIS), which was originally described in children, in adult patients (1-3).