All three potential vaccine indications are modelled: Community prophylaxis (PX), Hospital prophylaxis (PX) and preventation of CDI recurrences (TX) with a focus on key target populations and latest predicted profile profiles.
What does PPX stand for?
PPX stands for Prophylaxis
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PPX
We have 7 other meanings of PPX in our Acronym Attic
- Program Pengembangan Wilayah Terpadu (Indonesian: Integrated Area Development Program)
- Pennsylvania Postal Workers Union
- Professional Photographers of West Virginia
- Planned Parenthood of Western Washington (Seattle, Washington)
- Parallel Packet Express (control/data flow)
- Parallel Port Multiplexor
- Personne Particulièrement Extraordinaire (French: Especially Extraordinary Person)
- Point to Point Switching
- PopSci Predictions Exchange (Popular Science feature)
- Posture Planning Express
- Protein Phosphatase X (now Protein Phosphatase 4)
- Puttied Project X (gaming)
- Pharmaceutical Powder X-Ray Diffraction (Symposium)
- Pancreatic Polypeptide
- Person per Year
- Petite Princess Yucie (Japanese anime)
- Planla - Projelendir - Yonet (Turkish: Plan - Project - Manage; company in Beylikdüzü, VD, Turkey)
- Polymer Polypyrrole
- Press Photographer's Year (photographic competition)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recently, many guidelines on infective endocarditis (IE) prophylaxis have been revised.
Data from these studies were pooled to estimate the effectiveness of infant nevirapine prophylaxis in preventing breastmilk HW transmission in infants who were HIV-negative at birth.
More than half of hospitalized patients worldwide are at risk for venous thromboembolism, and despite the availability of evidence-based guidelines, the rate of appropriate prophylaxis remains low, a new study has found.
WORCESTER, Massachusetts, February 1 /PRNewswire/ -- - ENDORSE Global Findings Highlight the Need to Urgently Implement Hospital-Wide Strategies to Optimize VTE Management: Systematically Assess Patient Risk for VTE and Provide Appropriate Prophylaxis to Prevent VTE ENDORSE multinational study (Epidemiologic International Day for the Evaluation of Patients at Risk for Venous Thromboembolism in the Acute Hospital Care Setting) published today in the LANCET(1) demonstrates the high prevalence of patients at risk for VTE (according to the ACCP guidelines) in the world: 52% of hospitalized patients surveyed were at risk for VTE, corresponding to 64% of surgical patients and 42% of medical patients.
ABSTRACT The American Heart Association's (AHA) Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis, and Kawasaki Disease Committee; the Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young; and the Council on Clinical Cardiology, Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia, and Quality of Care and Outcomes Research Interdisciplinary Working Group recently published guidelines for antibiotic prophylaxis prior to dental procedures, respiratory tract procedures and gastrointestinal (GI) or genitourinary (GU) tract procedures.
has announced that the FDA has granted Fast Track designation for BioThrax[R] as a post-exposure prophylaxis against anthrax infection.
BOSTON -- Prophylaxis with pegylated interferon plus ribavirin is relatively safe and well tolerated following liver transplantation for hepatitis C, a study has shown.