Will we all have to show proof of insurance before they take to the air?
What does POI stand for?
POI stands for Proof of Insurance
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of POI
We have 105 other meanings of POI in our Acronym Attic
- Principles of Instruction
- Prior Owner Inscription (book markings)
- Probability of Identification (statistics)
- Probability Of Intercept
- Products Of Inertia
- Program Oral Interpretation (forensics speech)
- Program(s) Of Instruction
- Programme of Inquiry (education)
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Income
- Protection of Investment
- Purchase Order Index
- Purchase Order Invoice
- PURL-Based Object Identifier
- Purveyor of Innovation (marketing)
- Podkarpacka Okregowa Izba Aptekarska (Poland; pharmaceuticals management)
- Pak-Oman Investment Company Limited (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Payload Operations Integration Center
- Petty Officer In Charge
- Pile of Index Cards
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kentucky joins 10 states that now permit drivers to use either paper or their cell phone to show proof of insurance during a traffic stop.
uk Global Banking News - 05 February 2013 Some states in the US are said to be planning to allow drivers to carry electronic proof of insurance.
Byline: Daily News GLENDALE - The driver of a truck hit by a Metrolink train bound from Lancaster to Union Station was cited for failure to yield and no proof of insurance by Glendale police.
In Colorado, Kummer said, letters went out to 18% of the state's population, asking them to provide proof of insurance, due to mismatches.
For the first offense, there is a fine of up to $500, a reinstatement fee of $100 and proof of insurance coverage for one year.
Drivers who hold antigovernment beliefs may refuse to carry driver's licenses, vehicle registration, proof of insurance, or other forms of identification.
The following will help: 1) Insist on certificates of insurance 2) Set up internal procedures which do not allow hiring or paying independent contractors without proof of insurance.