Prolymphocytic leukemia (PLL) is a rare lymphocytic disorder characterized by marked lymphocytosis and splenomegaly and represents only 2% of all mature lymphocytic leukemias in adults over the age of 30.
What does PLL stand for?
PLL stands for Prolymphocytic Leukemia
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PLL
We have 78 other meanings of PLL in our Acronym Attic
- Precision Lighting Ltd. (UK)
- Preliminary Load List
- Prelinked Library (File Name Extension)
- Prescribed Load Listing
- Pretty Little Liars (TV show)
- Primary Load List (US DoD)
- Process Liquid Level
- Product Literature Library (Eaton)
- Production Load List (US Army)
- Programmatic Lessons Learned
- Participatory Landscape Lifescape Appraisal
- PHP Library for Location Applications
- Poly-L-Lactide Acid
- Priority Learning Local Authority (UK)
- Partners of Limited Liability Corporation
- Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies Committee (State Bar of California)
- PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) Control Register
- Polk Life and Learning Center (Bartow, FL)
- Professional Limited Liability Company
- Professional Limited Liability Corporation
Samples in periodicals archive:
More than 55% prolymphocytes in the blood suggests a diagnosis of B-cell prolymphocytic leukemia (B-PLL) (7).
The phenomenon of endogenously produced heparin-like anticoagulants has been previously described, but is typically associated with hematological malignancies, such as multiple myeloma, chronic lymphoid leukemia, T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia and systemic mastocytosis.
These included 25 cases of MCL, 41 cases of CLL/SLL, 3 cases of hairy cell leukemia, 4 of follicular lymphoma, 5 of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, 2 of Burkitt lymphoma, 1 of prolymphocytic leukemia B-cell type, 1 of lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma, 5 of acute lymphoblastic leukemia, and 10 cases of marginal zone lymphoma.
Up to 10% of the cells may be larger and nucleolated, and if less than 55% of such cells are observed in a peripheral smear, a diagnosis of prolymphocytic transformation of CLL - a combination of CLL and prolymphocytic leukemia (PLL) - should be considered.
We have added clinical guidelines for both hairy cell leukemia and T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia to our NCCN Guidelines for NHL," said Andrew D.
Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of ALL, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), hairy cell leukemia, prolymphocytic leukemia and indolent B cell lymphoma and from the European Medicines Agency for the treatment of indolent B cell lymphoma, ALL, CLL and mantle cell leukemia (MCL).
Introduction Prolymphocytic leukemia (PLL) was first described in 1974 as a rare variant of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) .