Since its inception in 1968, the Projects With Industry (PWI) program, long recognized as one of the most successful means of providing placement services to people with disabilities, has placed more than 162,000 people with disabilities into competitive employment.
What does PWI stand for?
PWI stands for Projects with Industry
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PWI
We have 107 other meanings of PWI in our Acronym Attic
- Potable Water Intake
- Power Indication
- Predominantly-White Institution
- Primarily White Institution
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated (magazine)
- Pro Wrestling Iron
- Process Work Instruction
- ProcessWise Integrator
- Produced Water Injection (oilfield technology)
- Product Waste Indicator
- ProWrestling Insider
- Proximity Warning Indicator (aviation)
- Public Waters Inventory
- Public Windows Interface
- Pulse-Width Inspection
- Pure Worldwide Internet
- Pennsylvania Wood Industry Association
- Personal Watercraft Industry Association
- Plane Wave Impulse Approximation
- Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies (University of British Columbia; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On the other hand, two major national initiatives, Projects with Industry (PWI) and Supported Employment, emphasize the new jobs.
Projects With Industry (PWI) programs funded by the Rehabilitation Services Administration are required to have a Business Advisory Council (BAC) functioning in a leadership capacity to the project.