The authors' household survey of 8,782 adults, conducted in 1995 as part of the Project on Human Development in Chicago Neighborhoods, yielded data on levels of perceived neighborhood support; these were based on responses to 10 items assessing social cohesion, trust and interaction (with higher scores indicating higher levels of neighborhood support).
What does PHDCN stand for?
PHDCN stands for Project on Human Development in Chicago Neighborhoods (National Archive on Criminal Justice; University of Michigan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of PHDCN in our Acronym Attic
- Passive and Hybrid Downdraught Cooling
- Pennsylvania Hardwoods Development Council
- Personal Healthcare Device Class
- PhD program candidate
- Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation (Philadelphia, PA)
- Primary Hard Drive Controller
- Public Health Development Centre (Nepal)
- Public Health in Developing Countries (degree program)
- Progress, Harmony and Development Chamber of Commerce and Industry (India)
- Punjab, Haryana and Delhi Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science (various schools)
- Polyhalogenated Dibenzodioxin
- Pakistan Horticulture Development Export Board
- Public Housing Drug Elimination Program
- Pakistan Human Development Fund (Islamabad, Pakistan)
- Polyhalogenated Dibenzofuran
- Protocol Header Definition File (Cisco)
- Plymouth Hockey Development Group (UK)
- Perth and Hills Division of General Practice (Australia)
- Palmer Hydrological Drought Index
Samples in periodicals archive:
By studying 11,000 individuals from before birth to age 32, the Project on Human Development in Chicago Neighborhoods hopes to identify the factors that influence criminal behavior, as well as appropriate methods to keep juvenile troublemakers from growing up to be adult criminals.