For example, the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) this month approved a project authorization request triggering commencement of work on IEEE P2030.
What does PAR stand for?
PAR stands for Project Authorization Request
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of PAR
We have 454 other meanings of PAR in our Acronym Attic
- Program Assessment Review
- Program for Alcoholic Recovery
- Program-Aid Routine
- Programme des Adjoints de Recherche (Research Affiliate Program, Canada)
- Progress Action Report
- Progressive Aircraft Rework
- Project Activity Report
- Project Allocation Request (IEEE)
- Project Analysis Report
- Project Approval Request
- Project for Attorney Retention (San Francisco, CA)
- Proposal Analysis Report
- Protease-Activated Receptor(s)
- Protective Action Recommendation
- Proven Acceptable Range
- Provider Application Router (Flatrock)
- Pseudoautosomal Region
- Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc.
- Public Administration Reform
- Public Affairs Representative
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ethernet Alliance today announced that the IEEE New Standards Committee (NesCom) has approved the Higher Speed Study Group's project authorization request (PAR), and the resulting project will now be known as the IEEE P802.
3 Working Group Approves Project Authorization Requests for 40 Gigabit Ethernet, 100 Gigabit Ethernet and Energy-Efficient Ethernet MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.
BUSINESS WIRE)--May 21, 2003 The IEEE 1364 Working Group, known as the Verilog(R) Standards Group, or VSG, today announced that the Board of Governors of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has approved a project authorization request (PAR) for the VSG to begin work on the third edition of the Verilog Hardware Description Language standard, to be known as IEEE 1364-2005.
In addition, the Project Authorization Request (PAR) for the 1000BASE-T long-haul copper media was approved.