Amid persistent nationwide protest against the brutal gang rape and torture of the 23-year-old student, which led to her death after battling for life for 13 days, the All India Student Association (AISA), the All India Progressive Women Association (AIPWA) and the Revolutionary Youth Association (RYA) had given a call for the march, in which several other organisations also participated and raise voice against sexual harassments.
What does PWA stand for?
PWA stands for Progressive Women Association (Pakistan)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PWA
We have 138 other meanings of PWA in our Acronym Attic
- Prins Willem-Alexanderschool
- Printed Wiring Assembly (aka Printed Circuit Assembly)
- Private Eye Writers of America
- Process Waste Assessment
- Prodigal Wings Aviation
- Professional Windsurfing Association
- Professional Women's Alliance
- Professional Women's Association
- Professional Wrestling Alliance
- Program-Wide Activities
- Project Web Access (Microsoft Project Server 2003)
- Project Wiggler Adone
- Project Work Authorization
- Public Works Administration
- Public Works Agency
- Wiley Post Airport (Oklahoma; airport code)
- Prisoners with AIDS-Rights Advocacy Group (various locations)
- Printed Wiring Assemblies/Board
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (game)
- Piney Woods Apartment Association (Nacogdoches, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
10 -- Two motorcyclists snatched a handbag from a female rights activist and Progressive Women Association (PWA) chairperson Shahnaz Bukhari at Chandni Chowk on Monday.
Chairperson Progressive Women Association, Shahnaz Bukhari demanded from President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani and Advisor to Prime Minister on Interior Rehman Malik for an impartial investigation of the incident and official treatment of Sofia Bibi.