The Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe went on strike on June 22 to demand that the government raise their salaries from the current $200 a month to $500 a month.
What does PTUZ stand for?
PTUZ stands for Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Public Transport Users' Committee (Scotland, UK)
- Pakistan Trade Union Defence Campaign
- Physical and Tangible User Interfaces
- Plain Text User Interface
- Posted Time Update Interval (aviation)
- Python/Tkinter User Interface
- Pesta Tanglung Universiti Malaya (Malay: University of Malaya Lantern Festival; Malaysia)
- Please Tell Us More
- Pengadilan Tata Usaha Negara (National Court in Jakarta)
- Practical Transformation Using XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We will be starting our strike tomorrow to press for salary review, and for the security of members who are victims of political violence, especially in the rural areas," Takavafira Zhou , president of the Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe , told AFP on Tuesday.
Nearly 80 percent of the country's remaining teachers heeded the call to strike said Raymond Majongwe, head of the Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ).