The chocolate brown Labrador developed progressive retinal atrophy, a common genetic disease, when he was aged six and slowly lost his sight over a year.
What does PRA stand for?
PRA stands for Progressive Retinal Atrophy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRA
We have 427 other meanings of PRA in our Acronym Attic
- Probability of Raid Annihilation
- Process Amplifier Assembly
- Product Release Authorization
- Product Reliability Analysis
- Production Rate Approval
- Production Readiness Assessment
- Professional Research Assistant
- Professional Rodeo Association (various locations)
- Program Review Authority
- Progressive Refinement Approach (algorithm)
- Project Review Authority
- Project Risk Analysis (various organizations)
- Propagation Research Associates
- Property Reserve Analysis
- Property Rights Alliance
- Prudential Regulation Authority (UK)
- Pubblico Registro Automobilistico (Italy)
- Public Restroom Anxiety (behavioral disorder)
- Pullet Rearers Association (UK)
- Punk Rock Aerobics
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stephen is registered disabled and suffers from a hereditary degenerative eye disease, progressive retinal atrophy, which also affects his son.
Lynch says Foundation-funded research has already led to breakthroughs, including the first linkage map of the canine genome and discoveries of the genetic defects causing cystinuria, von Willebrand's disease, progressive retinal atrophy and congenital stationary night blindness.