For his part, founder of the Progressive Democratic Party (PDP) Ahmed Nejib Chebbi said "despite the legitimacy of the Interim Government, it is still incapable of running the State," stressing the need to broaden the composition of the current government to make it a true government of national unity chaired by an independent national figure and composed of Tunisians skills, with balanced participation of political parties.
What does PDP stand for?
PDP stands for Progressive Democratic Party (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PDP
We have 346 other meanings of PDP in our Acronym Attic
- Profit Distribution Plan (New Zealand)
- Program Decision Package
- Program Definition Phase
- Program Development Paper
- Program Development Plan
- Programas de Desarrollo y Paz (Sanish, Colombia)
- Programmable Data Processor (Digital Equipment Corporation)
- Programmable Digital Processor
- Programmable Display Pushbutton
- Programmed Data Processor (DEC computer model/line)
- Project Defined Processes
- Project Definition Phase
- Project Delivery Partner
- Proved Developed Producing (oil/gas reserves)
- Public Discourse Project (public-private group on 9/11 awareness)
- Par Domain Protein 1
- People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan
- Personal Data Privacy Act of 1974 (medical records)
- Phase Doppler Particle Analyzer
- Physical Device Placement Aid
Samples in periodicals archive:
The country's left-leaning opposition Progressive Democratic Party (PDP) expressed similar concerns Sunday at what it said was an attempt to create discord and conflict inside the country.
Two parties that ran anti-Islamist campaigns targeting Ennahda, the left of center Progressive Democratic Party and the left wing Modern Democratic Axis, did poorly with 16 and 5 seats respectively.
The Progressive Democratic Party (PDP), a centre-left formation that performed poorly, on Monday said that it would not join an alliance and would remain in the opposition.
The Progressive Democratic Party, polled in second place before the vote, also got four seats.
Officials from three large opposition parties Ennahda, the Progressive Democratic Party (PDP) and the Congress for the Republic told Reuters they were unhappy about the delay.
The Progressive Democratic Party, a former opposition group that has now joined Tunisia's interim government, said Egypt had "called in the hour of change for an end to injustice and dictatorship".
Najib Chebbi, founder of the Progressive Democratic Party (PDP), which opposed Ben Ali, will become regional development minister in the new government, the sources close to the negotiations said.