Like M-Systems' other IDE and SCSI product lines, IDE 4000 is a state-of-the-art solid-state flash disk, designed as a drop-in replacement for mechanical hard disks and supports both programmed input/output (PIO) and direct memory access (DMA) hard disks transfer modes.
What does PIO stand for?
PIO stands for Programmed Input/Output
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PIO
We have 94 other meanings of PIO in our Acronym Attic
- Press and Information Office (Cyprus)
- Primaer Immunbrist Organisationen (Sweden)
- Primary Immunodeficiency Organization
- Principal Inspecting Officers (of Railways; United Kingdom)
- Private Industrial Operator (energy market)
- Private Input Output
- Process Improvement Opportunity (various organizations)
- Process Information Officers
- Processor Input/Output
- Program Integration Office
- Project Integration Office
- Provincial Irrigation Officer (Philippines)
- Provisioned/Provisioning Item Order
- Public Information Office
- Public Information Officer
- Public International Organization
- Public Information Officer Type 1 (government position)
- Public Information Officer Type 2 (government position)
- Prostate Institute of America (Ventura, CA)
- Public Interest Oversight Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
The fast ATA-2 interface on the Quantum Sirocco drives support local bus AT programmed input/output (PIO) mode 4 and multiword DMA mode 2 data transfers at speeds up to 16.
Higher Performance -- The Madge 16-bit Programmed Input/Output (I/O) data transfer technology provides optimum performance in MS-DOS/Windows environments.