Fixed interval and programmable interval timer resources enable commonly embedded tasks such as time-of-day computation, data-logging for system service routines, and periodic servicing of time-sensitive external devices.
What does PIT stand for?
PIT stands for Programmable Interval Timer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PIT
We have 194 other meanings of PIT in our Acronym Attic
- Process Improvement Team
- Processor Interface Table
- Product Identification Tool (software)
- Product Improvement Tests
- Product Insertion Trip
- Product Integration Team
- Professionals in Training (various organizations)
- Progetti Integrati Territoriali (Italian: Integrated Territorial Projects)
- Programa de Innovación Tecnológica (Spanish: Innovation Research Program; various locations)
- Programmable Interrupt Timer
- Programmer Integration Testing
- Progressive Income Tax(ation)
- Progressive Intensity Training (fitness)
- Prohibited Items Test
- Project Integration Team
- Public Internet Terminal (various locations)
- Pulling It Together
- Pulsed Inductive Thruster
- Pursuit Intervention Technique (police high-speed pursuit tactic)
- Pacific International Trapshooting Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fixed interval and programmable interval timer resources enable commonly embedded tasks such as time-of-day computation, data-logging for system service routines, and periodic servicing of timesensitive external devices.
The device is functionally compatible with the previous-generation uPD71054 timer/counter and the uPD8253 programmable interval timer.