In 1985, Pilkey founded Duke's Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines, which has explored the intersection of environmental and developmental processes in coastal zones throughout the world.
What does PSDS stand for?
PSDS stands for Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines (Western Carolina University)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PSDS
We have 27 other meanings of PSDS in our Acronym Attic
- Platform Starboard Door Ramp Retracted
- Post-Stroke Depression Rating Scale
- Permanently Separated from Duty Station
- Planetary Science Decadal Survey (US NASA)
- Platform Starboard Deck Switch
- Porsche Sport Driving School (Porsche Cars North America, Inc.)
- Postal Source Data System
- Power Sensor Detail Screen (Agilent)
- Product Safety Data Sheet
- Product Standards Data System
- Program Support Data Sheet
- Project Supervisor for the Design Stage (civil engineering)
- Public Switched Data Service
- Public Switched Digital Service
- Persistent Surveillance Dissemination System of Systems
- Partia Social Demokrate Ë Shqipërisë (Albanian Social Democratic Party, aka: PSD)
- Private Sector Development Support Project (Bangladesh)
- Port of San Diego Ship Repair Association
- Pacific Systems Design Technologies
- Pediatric Shunt Design Trial
Samples in periodicals archive:
Replenishing one mile of beach with dredged sand costs anywhere from $1 million to $5 million, says Andy Coburn, associate director of the Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines.
The two have begun working together as part of a new spirit of cooperation in marine sciences between Duke and campuses of the University of North Carolina, a partnership that will see Duke's renowned Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines gradually move from Durham to WCU's Cullowhee campus.