Exposure of BT-474 cells to MPA in vitro also resulted in lower levels of RANKL; an effect that was independent of progesterone receptors since it occurred both in the presence and absence of the antiprogestin RU-486.
What does PgR stand for?
PgR stands for Progesterone Receptor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PgR
We have 89 other meanings of PgR in our Acronym Attic
- Plant Genetic Resources
- Plant Growth Regulator
- Post Game Report (podcast)
- Post Glover Resistors, Inc. (Erlanger, KY)
- Post-Glacial Rebound
- Postgraduate Research
- Pretty Good Records (Christian record label)
- Private Game Reserve (South Africa)
- Procuradoria-Geral da República (Portugal)
- Procuraduría General de la República (Mexico)
- Progressive Insurance Company (stock symbol)
- Progressive Rail
- Project Gotham Racing (game)
- Psychogalvanic Reflex/Response
- Pure Gum Rubber
- Project Gotham Racing 2 (video game)
- Project Gotham Racing 3 (game)
- Pennsylvania Gay Rodeo Association
- Percent Growth Rate Average (bacteria growth)
- Plant Growth Regulator Abstracts (database)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To extend their findings to humans, they recruited gene analysis experts David Astling and Aik-Choon Tan who analyzed 585 human breast cancers and found that human tumors expressing the progesterone receptor had the same metabolic advantage.
Dietary glycemic index (GI) and glycemic load were calculated from country specific dietary questionnaires and BC tumours were classified by receptor status as well as progesterone receptor status.
This article provides guidance on analytic (technical) validation procedures that we believe should be used by laboratories offering estrogen receptor (ER) and progesterone receptor (PgR) assays by immunohistochemical (IHC) methods.
Node positivity of four or more lymph nodes and lack of oestrogen and progesterone receptors were associated with a worse overall survival (HR: 2.
On the other hand, the effect of black cohosh and/or Remifemin varied by progesterone receptor (PR) status.
Normally, after a progesterone receptor transmits a growth signal, the cell destroys the receptor, Lee says.
By the end of the study, 1,021 women had developed breast cancer, including 512 cases that were oestrogen and progesterone receptor positive, 167 that were oestrogen and progesterone receptor negative, 110 with mixed status and 232 with unknown status.