Byline: ANI Washington, Feb 5 (ANI): Scientists are reporting the first discovery of the female sex hormone progesterone in a plant, a finding that overturns conventional wisdom as until now, it was thought that only animals could make progesterone.
What does P4 stand for?
P4 stands for Progesterone (hormone)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of P4
- Perfect Fourth (music)
- Perforce (software vendor)
- Persona 4 (game)
- Personal For (US Navy)
- Photolithographic Pattern Plated Probe
- Postnatal Day 4
- Prevent Polythene - Protect Planet (India; eco-campaign)
- Primary 4 (various schools)
- Product, Price, Promotion and Place (marketing analysis tool)
- Power at 4.0 Millimolar Lactate (testosterone research)
- Propranolol 40 Milligrams
- Polypeptide of 41 Kilodaltons
- Passenger 4,200 (horsepower) (General Electic Genesis series locomotives)
- Protocol 42, LLC
- Pigments Absorbing at 425 nm
- Postnatal to 44
- Proteins of 45 Kilodaltons
- Steroid 21-Hydroxylase
- Protein of 46 Kilodaltons
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stein, PhD and his colleagues have been investigating this question and have discovered something remarkable--that the hormone progesterone confers profound neuroprotective effects that improve outcomes and reduce mortality following brain injuries.
When I became a nutritionist nearly 30 years ago, bioidentical progesterone was all the rage.
Byline: Dr Miriam Stoppard LETTER OF THE DAY I HAVE been using a natural progesterone cream for the past three months and have found it really beneficial.
We have previously documented the presence of progesterone and androstenedione in the water column and bottom sediments of the Fenholloway River, Taylor County, Florida.
Progesterone is the proper name to signify identical-to-natural progesterone; progestin signifies non-bioidentical progesterone.
Study conducted at Brigham and Women's Hospital demonstrates equivalent efficacy and significant patient satisfaction with CRINONE over IM progesterone in IVF-ET.
Surprisingly, when nearly 100 women were given either soymilk with isoflavones, transdermal progesterone (a patch), both soymilk and progesterone, or soymilk without isoflavones, two of the groups had the highest amount of bone loss: the control group and the group that used both soymilk and progesterone.