Profile-guided optimization (PGO) -- Optimizes application performance by reorganizing code layout to reduce instruction-cache thrashing, shrinking code size and reducing branch mispredictions.
What does PGO stand for?
PGO stands for Profile-Guided Optimization (computer programming)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PGO
We have 44 other meanings of PGO in our Acronym Attic
- Provisional Government of National Union (Laos)
- Paperless Guide to New York
- Pharmacy Guild of New Zealand
- Pipfruit Growers New Zealand Inc.
- Particuliere Gegevensbeherende Organistatie
- Pass Grade Only (academics)
- Plan Gospodarki Odpadami (Polish: Waste Management Plan)
- Policy, Guidance and Oversight
- Ponto-Geniculo Occipital (burst neurons)
- Post-Grant Opposition (intellectual property; various locations)
- Project GNOME Organization (US Atomic Energy Commission)
- Project on Government Oversight
- Public Guardianship Office (UK)
- Prettiest Girl of All Time (Infinite Jest)
- Payload Ground Operations Contractor
- Prominent Guest of Honour
- Purple Guardians of Honor (video game clan)
- Pagine Gialle on Line (Italian: Directory On Line)
- Pacific Global Ocean Observing System
- Produced Gas Oil Ratio (measurement)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since its inception in 1990, the superblock technique has become arguably the most widely used profile-guided optimization framework in commercial compilers that exploit instruction-level parallelism," stated Professor Wen-mei Hwu, head of the UIUC group conducting the work.
NET, and widely used Linux and GNU development tools and help improve application performance by using advanced compiler techniques, such as Interprocedural Optimization and Profile-Guided Optimization.