In addition, Russ Conway, Sports Editor of the Eagle Tribune in Lawrence, MA, and a nominee for a Pulitzer prize for outstanding investigative journalism is the recipient of the Elmer Ferguson Memorial Award for his achievements in print media, as selected by the Professional Hockey Writers' Association.
What does PHWA stand for?
PHWA stands for Professional Hockey Writers' Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PHWA
We have 3 other meanings of PHWA in our Acronym Attic
- Phelps Honey Wagon (Dillsburg, PA)
- Playhouse West (theater)
- Pressurized Heavy Water
- Process Hot Water
- Programmable Hardware (electrical engineering)
- Proportional Hazards Weibull (Model)
- Public Health Warning (comic)
- Pump, Hot Water
- Pure Hybrid Wrestling
- Professional Hmong Women Association (Saint Paul, MN)
- Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award (American Psychological Association)
- Primary Handloom Weavers' Cooperative Societies
- Pat Harrison Waterway District (Mississippi)
- Praise Him with Dance (Kennesaw, GA)
- Pressurized Hot Water Extraction
- Population Health Working Group (US Air Force Medical Service)
- Prague Historical Wargaming Group (Czech Republic)
- Public Health Working Group (Canada)
- Partnership for Healthy Weight Management
- Padas Hevea Wood Products (Malaysia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE ENVELOPE PLEASE Winners of the 1997-98 NHL awards, presented Thursday night at the Toronto Metro Convention Centre (voting is by members of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association, except Vezina, which is awarded by NHL general managers, and Adams, which is determined by a poll of NHL Broadcasters' Association members): Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP) - Dominik Hasek, Buffalo Vezina Trophy (goaltender) - Dominik Hasek, Buffalo James Norris Memorial Trophy (defenseman) - Rob Blake, Kings Calder Memorial Trophy (rookie) - Sergei Samsonov, Boston Frank J.
Members of the NHL Professional Hockey Writers' Association voted on the award.