In the news release, Cambridge College Launches Master's Degree Concentration: Geriatric Mental Health Counseling to Meet Rising Need for Elder Care, issued 13-Sep-2012 by Cambridge College over PR Newswire, we are advised by the organization that the second sentence of the third paragraph implied that the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM) issues a formal certification for Geriatric Care Managers.
What does PGCM stand for?
PGCM stands for Professional Geriatric Care Managers
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PGCM
We have 6 other meanings of PGCM in our Acronym Attic
- Piedmont Geotechnical Consultants, Inc. (Roswell, GA)
- Power Grid Corporation of India, Ltd.
- Precise Geometric Correction Level 1B Image
- Private Golf Connections, Inc. (Canada)
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
- Pediatric GERD Caregiver Impact Questionnaire
- Peer Group Caring Interaction Scale (nursing education)
- Pashchimanchal Gas Company Limited (Nepal)
- Programa de Calidad de Laboratorios Clínicos
- Parathyroid Gland Culture Medium
- Peanut Growers Cooperative Marketing Association
- Postgraduate Center for Mental Health (New York)
- Philadelphia Geriatric Center Morale Scale
- Park Golf Club Ostrava (Ostrava, Czech Republic)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Online Education (various universities)
- Plexiform Granular Cell Odontogenic Tumor
- Packet Gateway Control Protocol (network technology)
- Particles and Gases Contamination Panel (US NASA)
- Pontiac Game Changing Performances
- Precise Geometric Correction Parameter
Samples in periodicals archive:
Linda Fodrini-Johnson, president-elect of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, estimates that 35% of the group's 2,000 members have nursing degrees and 50% have social work or counseling backgrounds.
GVP; Spring City, PA) has launched "Aging Well," a new quarterly magazine for professionals in the field of aging, including professional geriatric care managers, nurses and nurse practitioners, physicians and physician assistants, social workers, counselors, psychologists and other professionals responsible for recommending products and services.
As professionals called in to help families cope with the challenges of an aging loved one, we sometimes see elder financial abuse as an issue," said Linda Fodrini-Johnson, president of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM).
Cooper is a professional geriatric care manager and educator with more than 30 years of experience, and is currently the President of the New Jersey Chapter of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM).
A Benefit To You is a group of professional Geriatric Care Managers who specialize in assisting elderly people and their families through the minefield of complexities associated with elder care.
She is the former President of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, and a current member of the New York Society for Clinical Social Work Psychotherapists and the American Society on Aging.
Professional Geriatric Care Managers (PGCM) have the expertise to recognize the needs of the older adult, understand family dynamics, know community resources, and have the ability to determine a positive, realistic outcome.