How well do they imbue the members of the organization with a sense of what it means to belong to the profession of arms in a democratic society?
What does POA stand for?
POA stands for Profession of Arms
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of POA
We have 155 other meanings of POA in our Acronym Attic
- Priester Ohne Amt (German: Priests without an Office)
- Principle of Accounts (tuition)
- Principles of Accounting
- Prison Officers' Association (UK)
- Prisoner of Azkaban
- Privately Owned Animal
- Probability of Adequacy (insurance industry)
- Probability of Area
- Procrastinators of America
- Production Organization Approval
- Profit on Ordinary Activities
- Program for Older Adults (various organizations)
- Program of Activities (various organizations)
- Programa Operativo Anual (Spanish: Annual Operating Program; various locations)
- Programme of Action (various organizations)
- Project of Activities
- Project Opportunity Assessment
- Projection of Aggression (band)
- Proof of Acceptance
- Proof of Address
Samples in periodicals archive:
While addressing the graduating cadets, Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan, Vice Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force said, "The profession of arms is highly demanding and requires dedication and commitment to meet the modern day challenges.
It is essential that members of the profession of arms are able to intelligently engage in a discourse and have a clear understanding of the profession and its role in service to the nation.
I also want to share with you a few points about the Profession of Arms Campaign that is designed to strengthen our profession.
Army Profession of Arms Campaign: "The American Professional Soldier is a volunteer .
Sir: In his article "Captains of the Soul: Stoic Philosophy and the Western Profession of Arms in the Twenty-First Century" [Naval War College Review, Winter 2011, pp.
THE Profession of Arms is both ancient and honourable.
SIR - The profession of arms is both ancient and honourable.