Genetic variables could include serotonergic genes (serotonergic receptors [5HT2a]; serotonin transporter 5HTlPR); endorphinergic genes (mu OPRM1 gene; proenkephalin [PENK, PENK polymorphic 3' UTR dinucleotide (CA) repeats]; GABergic gene (GABRB3), and dopaminergic genes (ANKKI Taq A; DRD2 C957T, DRD4 7R, COMT Val/met substation; MAO-A uVNTR; and SLC6A3 9 or 10R).
What does PENK stand for?
PENK stands for Proenkephalin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Pan European Network of Environmental Legislation Observatories for Planning, Education and Research
- Penetration and Energy Loss of Positrons and Electrons (radiation matter interaction simulation sotware)
- Postsecondary Education Programs Network
- Prostitutes Education Network
- Professional Engineer (in Canada)
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria
- Palestinian Environmental NGOs Network
- Pastoral and Environmental Network in the Horn of Africa (London, England, UK)
- Primary Extranodal Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Proton-Enhanced Nuclear Induction Spectroscopy (NMR technique)
- Personal Protection Equipment, Environmental Hazards, Number of Patients, Mechanism of Injury, Additional Resources, Need for C-Spine/ extrication
- Pennsylvania Avenue Building (US government)
- Personal Emergency Notification Network (Ohio)
- Project on European Nuclear Non-Proliferation (est. 1996)
- University of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Association for the Education of Young Children
- Pennsylvania Community Alternative to Prison
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
Samples in periodicals archive:
CpG methylation inhibits proenkephalin gene expression and binding of the transcription factor AP-2.
Met- and Leu-enkephalin are produced from the precursors proenkephalin A and B and prodynorphin; neurons that synthesize proenkephalin are widely distributed in brain.