Asynchronous replication maintains a continuously updated copy of a production data set, such as a patient-record database at a secondary location.
What does PDS stand for?
PDS stands for Production Data Set
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PDS
We have 544 other meanings of PDS in our Acronym Attic
- Processor Direct Slot
- Procurement Documentation Set
- Product Data Sheet
- Product Design Specification
- Product Design Standards
- Product Development Schedule
- Product Development Section
- Product Development System (PTC)
- Product Discharge System
- Product Disclosure Statement
- Professional Data Systems (various locations)
- Professional Development Scheme (UK)
- Professional Development School
- Professional Development Seminar
- Professional Development Specialists (various locations)
- Professional Development Suite
- Professional Development System
- Professional Driving School (various locations)
- Program Data Sheet
- Program Data Source
Samples in periodicals archive:
The convergence of Storage and IP protocols simplify the interoperability, and the increased tolerance to latency and link failures allow replication on corporate WANs, or using IP services from telco operators, as well as replication over longer distances * Data replication is applied to both production data sets and secondary data sets, such as D2D backup on general purpose storage systems or VTLs Unquestionably, data replication must be revisited and evaluated as a replacement of legacy off-site tape vaulting.
To verify some of the key customer benefits of Quantum's DXi-Series appliances, ESG Lab tested multiple units using production data sets and a testing approach that reflected typical user scenarios.