For example, while discussing strategic accountability, Min Young Jung contrasted result-based and process-based management styles in regard to the quantitative and qualitative evaluation of missionary strategies and achievements on the field.
What does PBM stand for?
PBM stands for Process-Based Management (Process Based Management Institute; Consortium of Advanced Management, International)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PBM
We have 175 other meanings of PBM in our Acronym Attic
- Pool Boiling Module
- Population Balance Modelling
- Portable Bitmap (black and white image format)
- Power Balance Model (US NASA)
- Powerful beyond Measure (Washington, DC)
- Prescription Benefit Manager
- Pressurized Berthing Module
- Previously Banned Member (Internet slang)
- Pricing Benchmark
- Probability-Based Matching
- Process-Based Model (mathematics)
- Professional Business Manager (software)
- Program Budget Memorandum
- Program Business Management
- Proses Belajar Mengajar (Indonesian: Teaching and Learning)
- Proud Bald Man
- Prudential Building Maintenance Corporation
- Publications Manual (LANL)
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager 1
- Palm Beach Maritime Academy (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The software supports process-based management with built-in auditing, preventative controls to protect the integrity of PCI-sensitive data, and an IT governance model for accountability in decision-making.
Instead of managers being held personally responsible for maintaining work process, we find suggestion boxes where workers can do the process-based management that a boss manager does not do.
And, finally, Visual Guide to ISO 9001 (2000), presents significant revisions in the new ISO 9000 standards, such as those pertaining to the use of process-based management, continuous improvement, and customer satisfaction.
ADVANTAGES OF ABC WITH PROCESS-BASED MANAGEMENT Activity-based costing (ABC) systems were developed to provide more accuracy in assigning indirect and support costs to activities, business processes, products, services, and customers (Kaplan and Atkinson, 1998; Krumwiede 1998).
It acknowledges the relevance of process-based management systems in hygiene control.
CA's approach of creating closed-loop integrations between management solutions addresses the need for a holistic, process-based management approach.
This ability to take a system view of the organization, beyond functional efficiencies, is referred to as process-based management (PBM).