Research on problematic Internet use has indicated that individuals often use the Internet for mood alteration (Caplan, 2002).
What does PIU stand for?
PIU stands for Problematic Internet Use (psychology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PIU
We have 49 other meanings of PIU in our Acronym Attic
- PCM Interface Unit (Cisco)
- Peace and International Understanding
- Percent Interstate Usage
- Performance and Innovation Unit (UK)
- Peripheral Interface Unit
- Petersen International Underwriters (insurance; Valencia, CA)
- Photographic Interpretation Unit (US Navy)
- Port Interface Unit
- Power Interface Unit
- Praktik i Udlandet (Danish: Internship Abroad)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our telephone survey suggests that potential markers of problematic Internet use are present in a sizeable portion of the population," the researchers noted in their paper, which appears in the October issue of CNS Spectrums: The International Journal of Neuropsychiatric Medicine.