Topics discussed include developing mobile examination systems, student response systems for mobile Internet devices, localization for student response systems, games for problem-based learning in mathematics, and web service development for collecting student responses.
What does PBL stand for?
PBL stands for Problem-Based Learning
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PBL
We have 252 other meanings of PBL in our Acronym Attic
- Plastic Barrier Layer (soft goods packaging)
- Points Behind Leader (hockey)
- Points, Badges, and Leaderboards (gaming)
- Policy Based Loan
- Policy Blocking List (SPAM filtering)
- Policy By-Laws (Australian government)
- Polish Peasant Bloc
- Poly Buffer LOCOS (Local Oxidation of Silicon)
- Power Builder Library
- Primary Boot Loader (computing)
- Problem/Project Based Learning
- Product Baseline
- Project By-Law (Australia)
- Project-Based Lesson (education)
- Protection Ballistic Limit
- Publishing and Broadcasting Limited (Australia)
- Punishable By Life imprisonment (Florida)
- Performance Based Logistics - Organic
- Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes from Patients
- Pasaules Brivo Latviesu Apvienibas (Latvian: World Federation of Free Latvians)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The aim of the workshop was to help the educators develop the skill to write effective cases, trigger problem-based learning packages to support learning and conduct PBL session for undergraduate medical curriculum.
Problem-based learning (PBL) as a foundation for the preparation of preservice teachers possesses the viability for such an undertaking.
Abstract: This article reports on the development of online problem-based learning case scenarios for use in a distance education program for teachers of students with visual impairments in the United Kingdom.
Problem-based learning activities Problem-based learning is a methodology conceived more than 30 years ago to improve the education of medical students.
CASIVUS uses Problem-Based Learning (PBL) as their primary educational methodology in delivering patient-centered programs that employ adult learning principles.
The new partnership with Valencia Enterprises, a division of Valencia Community College, in central Florida, is seen as a way for NISOD to offer professional development to faculty, staff and mid-level administrators that is based on collaborative theories that seek to improve student learning through case studies and problem-based learning.
Students participate in virtual experiments, scientific-inquiry exercises and problem-based learning that helps them gain valuable knowledge and develop critical thinking skills.