Schmid (Infineon Technologies) introduces a method for estimating the mean and variance of the differential correlation that keeps a constant probability of false detection while maximizing reception sensitivity.
What does POFD stand for?
POFD stands for Probability of False Detection
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of POFD
We have 2 other meanings of POFD in our Acronym Attic
- Polymer Optical Fiber Amplifier
- Programmed Operational & Functional Appraisal
- Programmed Operational Functional Analysis
- Parents of Food Allergic Kids
- Peace Officers for Christ
- Plastic Optic Fiber Consortium
- Prime Optical Fiber Corporation (Taiwan)
- Pain of Death (gaming community)
- Plan of Further Development (various locations)
- Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia
- Progress of Design (Ferndale, MI graphic design)
- Public Official Financial Disclosure (Alaska)
- Peace Officers Firefighters Fellowship (Brea, CA)
- Passive Optical Fast Frequency-Hopping
- Police Oversight Focus Group (Austin, TX)
- Plastic Optical Fiber Interest Group
- Pointer-Forwarding-Based Local Anchoring
- Probability of Failure on Demand
- Party of the First Part
- Passive Object Flow Programming (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the absence of outliers, the ideal statistical test for outlier detection should provide a low and predictable probability of false detection regardless of the underlying distribution type.
1--sensitivity), and the false-positive rate to be the probability of false detection of a background area as corresponding to a raised risk (i.