Performance standards for detector systems often include requirements for probability of detection and probability of false alarm at a specified level of statistical confidence.
What does PFA stand for?
PFA stands for Probability of False Alarm
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PFA
We have 212 other meanings of PFA in our Acronym Attic
- Press Foundation of Asia
- Pretty Freaking Awesome (Internet slang)
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act (India)
- Primary Federal Agency
- Primary Feed Antenna
- Prime Factor Algorithm
- Printer Font ASCII
- Priority Funding Area
- Private Facility Access (Hekimian)
- Private Fire Alarm (fire protection; New Zealand)
- Process Flow Analysis
- Procurement Funding Authority
- Production Flow Analysis (computer integrated manufacturing)
- Professional Financial Advisor
- Professional Footballers Association
- Profunda Femoris Artery
- Progressive Fast Analysis (Exxon Mobil Corp.)
- Project Finance Advisory
- Prosperity for All (various locations)
- Protected Forest Area (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Software effectively fuses the individual sensor data to determine whether a biological cloud is present, increasing the probability of detection, while minimizing the probability of false alarms (a single sensor cannot cause a system-wide alarm).
We find that the probability of false alarms is minimized at around Risk Index = 1.