com)-- In February of 2011 a new online store opened dedicated specifically to the world of gun holsters and like equipment that are used by individuals either for jobs that demand a firearm, citizens that carry privately owned weapons, or the many different styles of pistol competition shooters.
What does POW stand for?
POW stands for Privately Owned Weapon
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of POW
We have 95 other meanings of POW in our Acronym Attic
- Politics of War
- Polska Organizacja Wojskowa (Polish Exile Army 1915-20)
- Powder on Wood (coating technology for wood products)
- Power of Wisdom
- Power of Women
- Powodzenia (Polish: good luck)
- Predatory Older Woman
- Prince of Wales
- Prisoner Of War
- Prisoners Of War (gaming, Counter-strike source clan)
- Probability of Win
- Problem of the Week
- Program Of Work
- Programme of Opportunities for Women
- Proof-of-Work (computer spam protection)
- Protect Our Watershed (various locations)
- Protecting Our Wildlife
- Psychology of Winning
- Purveyors of Wonder Entertainment, Inc. (media company)
- Prisoner Of War/Missing In Action
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gates directed the Armed Forces Chaplains Board and Center to review past guidance and updated to ensure religious support in mass-casualty incidents and he also directed undersecretary of defense for intelligence James Clapper to prepare and coordinate by June a privately owned weapons policy.
Gier Chuang is looking at a brand new weapon with a telescope during the inspection of collected illegal arms by South Sudan President Salva Kiir in Juba on Saturday 11, 2009 (photo Larco Lomayat) The southern Sudan police and army troops retrieved thousands of illegally and privately owned weapons including RPGs, PKMs, Kalashnikovs and pistols in the town's residential areas on Friday.