We also liked the fact that all the parties involved had been able to get these private letter rulings.
What does PLR stand for?
PLR stands for Private Letter Ruling (IRS)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of PLR
We have 84 other meanings of PLR in our Acronym Attic
- Physician Labeling Rule (US FDA)
- Pig Launcher & Receiver (oceaneering)
- Pipeline and Riser (offshore drilling)
- Place Louis Riel (hotel; Winnipeg, Canada)
- Polská Lidová Republika (People's Republic of Poland)
- Preliminary Loss Report (US Army)
- Prequential Likelihood Ratio
- Primary Lock Reinforcement (various companies)
- Prime Lending Rate
- Private Label Rights
- Programmable Logic Relay
- Pronóstico de Largo-Rango (Spanish: Long-Range Forecast)
- Proportional Loss Rate
- Provider of Last Resort (electric utility)
- Public Lending Right
- Public Letter of Reprimand (Medical Board of California)
- Public Liberty Radio
- Pulse Link Repeater
- Pupillary Light Response
- Partido Liberal Radical Autentico (Paraguay)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The issuance of the tax -exempt bonds for both projects is contingent on the receipt from the Internal Revenue Service of a favorable private letter ruling.
Yet, in Private Letter Ruling 200121031, the IRS addressed damages for a disease, finding a recovery against an asbestos manufacturer to be excludable, even though there was no physical contact with the plaintiff.
In its first private letter ruling on a medical reimbursement program, the IRS responded to a taxpayer's request for guidance on a reimbursement plan for certain of its employees' expenses not covered under the company health insurance program (www.
WPS Resources believes that it is justified in relying on IRS private letter rulings for its synthetic fuel facility, that the test results that it presented to the IRS in connection with its private letter rulings are scientifically valid, and that the facility has been operated in compliance with the private letter rulings and Section 29 of the Internal Revenue Code.
For example, the IRS issued a number of private letter rulings to taxpayers that sanctioned a hospital's sale of part of its operations revenue stream to a joint venture between the hospital and medical staff physicians.
Companies Also Announce Name of New Company Will Be PharMerica Corporation, Headquarters to be in Louisville, KY, and Receipt of IRS Private Letter Ruling VALLEY FORGE, Pa.
A recently released IRS Private Letter Ruling offers some assurance to those considering this strategy.