subsidiary that makes private branch exchange (PBX) communications equipment as part of a restructuring drive.
What does PBX stand for?
PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange (private telephone switchboard)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PBX
We have 18 other meanings of PBX in our Acronym Attic
- Performance Based Work Statement (contracting mechanism)
- Predator Bay Water Ski Club (Canada)
- Partial Body-Weight-Supported Treadmill Training
- Pravasi Bandhu Welfare Trust (Indian social advocacy group)
- Peace Be with You
- Punjab Breweries Workers Union (Punjab, India)
- Peace Be with You
- Pittsburgh Builders Exchange (Pennsylvania)
- Plastic Bonded Explosive
- Polymer Bonded Explosives
- Prompt by Example
- Public Branch Exchange (public telephone switchboard)
- Private Branch Exchange - Central Office
- US Navy medium to heavy twin amphibious aircraft used for maritime patrol, water bomber, and search and rescue
- Pensacola Beach Yacht Club (Gulf Breeze, FL)
- Pierpont Bay Yacht Club (Ventura, CA)
- Position Budget Year Inquiry
- Palm Bay Youth Soccer (Palm Bay, FL)
- Perdido Bay Youth Sports Association (Pensacola, FL)
- Peoples Bank of Zanzibar (Tanzania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CPE fraud, estimated to cost businesses upwards of $1 billion annually, occurs when Private Branch Exchanges (PBXs), voice mail systems, auto attendants and call diverters are "compromised," allowing individuals to make unauthorized long distance calls from the CPE.
Market Sectors Expert Frost & Sullivan analysts thoroughly examine the following market sectors in this research: * Enterprise Telephony Systems Market * Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) Telephony Systems Market * IP -Enabled Systems * IP-PBX (Private Branch eXchange) Systems Technologies The following technologies are covered in this research: * Private Branch eXchange (PBX) * TDM PBX (Time Division Multiplexing/ Private Branch exchange) * IP-enabled PBX - The IP-enabled systems market comprises IP line and trunk cards that allow traditional TDM telephony-based PBX systems to interface with IP endpoints on connected and remote local area networks (LANs).
Under terms of the agreement, XTEND Communications will market Intrado(R) V9-1-1(R) for Enterprise to large businesses that operate and support their own Internet Protocol Private Branch Exchange (IP-PBX) based networks.
The user simply speaks the name of the person listed in their contact list and through a TAPI, the Name Dialer sends a signal to the Private Branch Exchange (PBX) to initiate dialing automatically.
Aastra's products include a full range of residential and business telephone terminals, Enterprise Private Branch Exchanges (PBX), network access servers and high quality digital video gateways.
From its headquarters in Berlin, Germany, the DeTeWe Business develops, markets, and supports private branch exchange ("PBX") telephone systems and certain consumer wireless products.
Traditional (circuit-switched, time division multiplexing (TDM)-based) voice services lose valuable market share to premise-based solutions such as private branch exchange (PBX) and IP PBX.