; * Does the form, which requests PII directly from the user, have a Privacy Act Statement (PAS) within the body of the form on the last page?
What does PAS stand for?
PAS stands for Privacy Act Statement
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PAS
We have 688 other meanings of PAS in our Acronym Attic
- Preliminary Alcohol Screening
- Premises Appear Secure
- Presence and Availability Server
- Presidential Airlift Squadron
- Presidential Appointee in a Position Requiring Senate Confirmation (federal government ethics)
- Presidential Arts Scholarship
- Pricing Advisor System (insurance)
- Primary Accounting System (US Department of Education)
- Primary Alerting System
- Priorities Action Statement (Australia)
- Privilege Attribute Server
- Pro Audio Spectrum (sound card)
- Process Automation Systems
- Product Assessment Service
- Product Attribute System (NRF)
- Product of Ambulatory Surgery
- Production Application Support
- Professional Accounting Solutions (Rockville, MD)
- Professional Activity Study
- Professional Advisory Services (various companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Collection limitation - The corrected data must be relevant and necessary, and collected directly from the appropriate persons and provide a privacy act statement.
Best regards, The DON CIO Privacy Office" Although the incident the lieutenant described is not standard practice according to the responsible office, officials stated that they will strengthen PII handling procedures, such as enforcing the use of the Privacy Act Statement and ensuring documents containing PII are properly marked.