If these Prisoners of Mother England paused for breath, instead of wasting all their energy on playing tedious mind games, they would surely conclude that England are a team under pressure and that Brian is being reactive in his picks.
What does POMMY stand for?
POMMY stands for Prisoners of Mother England
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Partial Order Methods in Verification (workshop)
- Pend Oreille Model Kit (model train)
- Peeing on Myself Laughing
- Police Operational Mentoring Liaison Team (US)
- Pick Off Mirror Mechanism
- Pickled Onion Monster Munch (corn snack)
- Port of Missing Men (book & movie)
- Preliminary Operating and Maintenance Manual
- Potsdam Magnetic Model of the Earth
- Post Modern Mass Mailer (software)
- Portland Online MusicNet
- Permanent Open Market Operation (banking)
- Point of Maximum Opportunity
- Polulle Oman Mentorin Ohjauksessa (Finnish prison program)
- Position Of Maximum Opportunity
- Post Modernist
- Primary Open Market Operation (finance)
- Production Oriented Maintenance Organization
- Provisional Office for Mass Organisational Affairs
- Protection of the Mother of God (Rochester, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The insult, coined by Aussies, comes from the Prisoners of Mother England tag given to UK criminals who were shipped out Down Under.
Those were the words cascading down from the rim of the stadium, where Australians were giving a bloody ribbing to the Union Jack-waving POMs - the Prisoners of Mother England.