An Indian defence official said two members of the US defence department's Prisoner of War/Missing in Action Accounting Command (JPAC) were in the northeast of India and making their way for an isolated mountain area.
What does POW/MIA stand for?
POW/MIA stands for Prisoner Of War/Missing In Action
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Privately Owned Weapon
- Probability of Win
- Problem of the Week
- Program Of Work
- Programme of Opportunities for Women
- Proof-of-Work (computer spam protection)
- Protect Our Watershed (various locations)
- Protecting Our Wildlife
- Psychology of Winning
- Purveyors of Wonder Entertainment, Inc. (media company)
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant (online writing tool; online writing community)
- Pennsylvania Outdoor Writers Association (Springs Mills, PA)
- People Opposed to Women Abuse (South Africa)
- Police Officers' Wives Association (various locations)
- Prince of Wales Award (Australia; military reservists development opportunity)
- Program for Older Worker Adjustment (est. 1987; Human Resources and Skills Development Canada)
- Portable Water Coolant Circulator
- Photosensitivity in Optical Waveguides and Glasses (education program)
- Paper and Other Web Coating (US EPA)
- Power of We Consortium (Americorps Vista Project)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many attendees wore prisoner of war/missing in action (POW/MIA) bracelets inscribed with Rittichier's name.
They contend the Prisoner of War/Missing in Action flag is out of place in the display at the Court of Historic American Flags downtown.