By using Printer Job Language (PJL) protocol, the Web pages also offer extensive information about a printer's capabilities and provide real time status about the printer, network and print jobs.
What does PJL stand for?
PJL stands for Printer Job Language
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PJL
We have 3 other meanings of PJL in our Acronym Attic
- Penyakit Jantung Koroner (Indonesian: Coronary Heart Disease)
- Penyedia Jasa Keuangan (Indonesian: Financial Service Providers)
- Pingat Jasa Kebaktian (Malay: Devotional Service Medal; Malaysia)
- Perusahaan Jawatan Kereta Api (Indonesian State Railways, Java)
- Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole (federal building in Honolulu, HI)
- Peter Jackson's King Kong: the Official Game of the Movie
- Platforma Janusza Korwin Mikke (Polish: Platform Janusz Korwin-Mikke; political party)
- Program Jaminan Kesehatan Masyarakat Miskin (Indonesian public health program)
- Program Jatidiri Kesukarelaan Nasional (Malaysian Youth Hostels Association; Malaysia)
- Parenchymal Junctional Line (children)
- Pimp Jones Luv Orchestra (band)
- Philippa Jeffs Location Portraiture (wedding photography; UK)
- Pacific Journal of Mathematics
- Pajamas Media (Los Angeles, CA)
- Pennsylvania New Jersey Maryland Interconnection LLC (Mid-Atlantic region power pool)
- Peripheral Joint Movement (anatomical)
- Pingat Jasa Malasyia (Malasian Government service award)
- Project Manager
- Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica (Airport code)
- Pakistan Jute Mills Association (trade organization; Pakistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With this architecture, the LBP-2000 implements job retention features, such as hold queues, remotely over the network, and initiates legacy jobs using the Printer Job Language (PJL) protocol.
In addition, support of HP's Printer Job Language (PJL(TM)) enables bi-directional communication between the host or client and the printer which simplifies printer management and control.
In 1994 PeerlessPrint5E was the first emulation to offer full compatibility with HP's LaserJet 4 by incorporating complete PCL 5e and printer job language (PJL) support.
PAGE-LEVEL RECOVERY The entire HP LP Series line now supports the printer job language (PJL) commands necessary for page-level recovery for printers connected via local area networks (LANs) to HP 3000 systems running MPE/ix 5.
A summary of features provided by Peerless for the Canon GP200 and GP200F includes: -- Multiple industry-standard printing languages (PeerlessPrint5E and Adobe PostScript Level 2) -- Complete printer job language (PJL) support -- Kanji PostScript support -- Advanced paper handling support (duplexing, collating, stapling) -- Automatic language sensing and I/O port switching -- PostScript hard disk support -- Job control language for interactive status feedback and control -- Context savings (print environment savings when languages are switched) More on Peerless Systems Peerless Systems is a leading provider of software-based embedded imaging systems to original equipment manufacturers of digital document products.
Other Peerless-provided technology for the Canon LASER SHOT LBP-730PS include: - Peerless Printer Job Language (PJL) - Peerless Standard I/O (PSIO) high speed expansion interface for network printing - Automatic port switching - RS232C Serial, IEEE 1284, and LocalTalk host interfaces - Microsoft Plug & Play compliant - Support for an optional IDE hard disk - Support for an optional upgrade to Adobe PostScript five Japanese font model - Duplex option support More on Peerless Systems Corp.
PeerlessPrint5E was also the first complete PCL5 emulation to be fully compatible with HP's LaserJet 4 and to incorporate full PCL5e and printer job language (PJL) support.