The iPad can be authorized for use by the aircraft operator and/or the pilot in command for part 91 operators other than 91K and can be authorized for use by a principal operations inspector for all others.
What does POI stand for?
POI stands for Principal Operations Inspector
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of POI
We have 105 other meanings of POI in our Acronym Attic
- Poisonous (fire diamond warning code)
- Pole of Inaccessibility (geography)
- Polygons Of Interest
- Poor Obfuscation Implementation
- Position of Interest
- Postoperative Ileus (gastroenterology)
- Prevention of Injury (military detention; US DoD)
- Price on Inspection (various companies)
- Pride On Ice (website)
- Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, after a Northwest Airlink turbo-prop crashed in December 1993, NTSB investigators found that the FAA's principal operations inspector did not have any experience flying the planes Airlink used.
During his tenure, he was the principal operations inspector of Transbrasil Airline's Boeing 737-300/400 fleet and accident investigator for 30 aircraft and 120 helicopter accidents.