Among the advantages the new patent discloses is the use of efficient block-level incremental snapshots of primary storage devices - and instant availability of such snapshots in immediately mountable form - directly in place of the primary storage device.
What does PSD stand for?
PSD stands for Primary Storage Device (computing)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PSD
We have 442 other meanings of PSD in our Acronym Attic
- Power Stroke Diesel (Ford)
- Power Supply Drawer
- Power Systems Demonstrator
- PowerStroke Diesel (Ford Motor Company)
- President Security Division (Sri Lanka)
- Presidential Security Detail (US State Department)
- Pressure-Sensitive Digitizer
- Prestation Solidarité Dépendance (French: Solidarity Benefit Dependency)
- Prevention of Serious Deterioration
- Prevention of Significant Deterioration
- Principal Shopping District (Michigan)
- Printed Strip Dipole
- Printer Sharing Device
- Private Sector Development
- Process Shutdown (oil, chemical and process industries)
- Process Specification Departure
- Product Safety Directive
- Product Sales Data
- Product Service Description (Interoperability Elements of Service)
- Product Specifications Document
Samples in periodicals archive:
The latest data management solutions distinguish themselves by providing a robust and scalable catalogue for tracking recovery options for hundreds to thousands of systems and can even be extended to include the indexing of data within backup sets and primary storage devices for fast end user based search and retrieve.
EMC's Avamar product is targeted at deduplication on the application server or source side, reducing the amount of data sent over networks and to primary storage devices.
In the event of disaster, the remote peer can be turned into a primary storage device, accepting read and write requests.
The biggest impact for end users might be to first free up space on a primary storage device by taking the least recently accessed directories and moving these to a nearline device.
European Enterprises to Benefit from Cost-effective, High-performance Primary Storage Device with Minimal Power Requirements SUMMIT, N.
The StorageTek T10000 Crypto-Ready drive supports multiple operating systems including the Solaris OS, z/OS and Windows, and enables customers to encrypt data using the AES-256 encryption algorithm as it is written to the drive, regardless of the application, operating platform or primary storage device and without impacting backup or restore times.
Since then, the EMC Celerra has become the primary storage device for the company's unstructured data--such as user home directories, engineering CAD/CAM files, critical business documents, and regulatory information.