About Primary Immune Deficiency Disease (PIDD) PIDD is a class of inherited genetic disorders that causes an individual to have a deficient or absent immune system due to either a lack of necessary antibodies or a failure of these antibodies to function properly.
What does PIDD stand for?
PIDD stands for Primary Immune Deficiency Disease
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PIDD
We have 4 other meanings of PIDD in our Acronym Attic
- Philippine Independence Day Council Inc.
- Property and Industrial Development Company of Trinidad and Tobago
- Pacto Internacional de Derechos Civiles y Políticos (Spanish: International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights)
- P53-Induced Protein with Death Domain
- Passenger Information During Disruption (UK)
- Petroleum Industry Data Dictionary (publication)
- Planetary Instrument Definition and Development (US NASA)
- Platform Implementation Difference Document (iSMART)
- Polyclonal Immunoglobulin G Deposition Disease
- Poorly Controlled Insulin-Dependent Diabetes
- Plano de Investimentos e Despesas para Desenvolvimento da Administração Central (Portugal)
- Programa de Investimentos e Despesas de Desenvolvimento da Administração Central (Portugal)
- Phasic Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
- Progressive Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
- Planetary Instrument Definition and Development Program
- Packed Identification Error (MPEG2)
- Pakistan Institute for Development Economics
- Parabolic Integro-Differential Equation
- Photo-Ionization Detector Electrometer
- Polícia de Intervenção e Defesa do Estado (Portuguese Secret Police under Salazar regime)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kent Conrad (D-ND), chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, PPTA stated that the inclusion of a provision in the legislation requiring that an expert advisory panel for rare diseases be convened each time a rare disease is proposed as a CER topic is a critical safeguard for patients with conditions such as alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, bleeding disorders such as hemophilia and von Willebrand disease and primary immune deficiency diseases.
The Senator was diagnosed during her campaign with common variable immune deficiency, a primary immune deficiency disease that for many patients can be easily managed with regular IVIG therapy.
FFF will provide support of a Phase III clinical trial of Omr-IgG-am[TM], OMRIX's intravenous immunoglobulin, for the treatment of primary immune deficiency diseases (PIDD).
Food and Drug Administration's acceptance of an Investigational New Drug application (IND), followed by a pivotal trial in patients diagnosed with Primary Immune Deficiency disease.
There are more than 50,000 people in the United States who have a primary immune deficiency disease.
The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF) is the national nonprofit health organization dedicated to improving the diagnosis and treatment of primary immune deficiency diseases through research, education and advocacy.
Immune globulin, made from human plasma, is used to treat many conditions, including primary immune deficiency diseases, neuropathies, myositis, Guillain-Barre syndrome and others.