They include information about the Basin, 'largely as background for teachers' to develop '[children's] understanding of how their locality fits into the larger picture of the Murray-Darling catchment area' (The Primary English Teaching Association & The Murray-Darling Basin Commission 1993, p.
What does PETA stand for?
PETA stands for Primary English Teaching Association (Australia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PETA
We have 24 other meanings of PETA in our Acronym Attic
- Pembela Tanah Air (Defenders of the Fatherland, Indonesian volunteer army)
- Pentaerythritol Triacrylate (chemistry)
- People Eating Tasty Animals (parody web site)
- People Euthanizing Trusting Animals
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Petrographical Analysis Report (energy exploration)
- Please Explain This Acronym
- Polling Every Time Approach
- Power-Efficient Target Array (computer algorithm)
- Primary Elementary Teachers' Association
- 10 to The 15th Power
- Postsecondary Education Technology Advisory Committee (Frankfort, KY)
- Pre-Engineering Technology Advisory Council
- Professional Education Training and Accreditation Committee (US Army)
- Pentaerythritol Allyl Ether
- One Quadrillion Floating Point Operations Per Second
- Personal Eportfolios for Teaching and Learning (UK)
- Point, Evidence, Technique, Analysis, Link (writing)
- Preliminary Eurocontrol Test of Air/Ground Data Link
- Program to Enhance Teaching and Learning (St. John Fisher College; Rochester, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Newtown, NSW: Primary English Teaching Association.
Play and Literacy in Children's Worlds Bronwyn Beecher and Leonie Arthur Primary English Teaching Association, Newtown, Australia.