11) Primary effusion lymphoma is exceedingly rare in our centre with only one possible case in the last 10 years (Dr Andrew McDonald, personal communication).
What does PEL stand for?
PEL stands for Primary Effusion Lymphoma
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PEL
We have 121 other meanings of PEL in our Acronym Attic
- Physics Express Letters
- Picture Element
- Plan Epargne Logement (French: Housing Savings Plan)
- Point Engineering Limited (Port Harcourt, Nigeria)
- Portable Emergency Lighting
- Portfolio Européen des Langues (French: European Language Portfolio)
- Potential Evasion Locale
- Power Electronics Laboratory (University of California, Irvine)
- Precautionary Emergency Landing (US DoD)
- Precision Elastic Limit (stress level)
- Primary Equipment Location
- Prioritized Effects List
- Program for Experienced Learners (Eckerd College)
- Projet Educatif Local (French: Local Education Project)
- Protocol Engineering Laboratory
- Proximity Electron Lithography
- Public Entertainment Licence (UK)
- Permissible Exposure Limit/Time Weighted Average
- P.E. LaMoreaux and Associates, Inc. (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Peripheral Excimer Laser Angioplasty (non-invasive surgical technique)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, all 5 patients diagnosed with primary effusion lymphoma were HIV positive.
Another study published in the journal Blood on June 4 looked for the presence of tumour suppressor mRNAs in primary effusion lymphoma and Kaposi's Sarcoma.
9) This classification includes primary effusion lymphoma, a rare and unusual subset of AIDS-related NHLs first described by Knowles et al (10) that grow primarily in the pleural, pericardial, or abdominal cavities as lymphomatous effusions, usually in the absence of a tumor mass.
HHV-8 is specifically associated with multicentric Castleman's disease and primary effusion lymphoma, which often occurs in a setting of profound immunosuppression.
Preclinical Activity of Brentuximab Vedotin in Primary Effusion Lymphoma (PEL) (Abstract #3728) In a poster session today, Dr.
primary efFusion lymphoma (PEL), plasmablastic lymphoma and lymphoma arising in HHV8-associated multicentric Castleman's disease; * Lymphomas also occurring in other immunodeficiency states e.
On hospital day 8, he was treated with CHOP chemotherapy (cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone) for the primary effusion lymphoma (PEL).